Sydney Morning Herald
- Elderly man cut free after car rollover - October 5, 2015
Couple escape with minor injuries after caravan and car roll.
- Iron ore plunges 5 per cent - October 5, 2015
Iron ore prices have slumped heavily, posting their biggest slide in nearly three months, with analysts blaming the impact of Chinese holidays.
- Melbourne weather: Victoria set for spring scorcher after hottest ever start to October - October 5, 2015
Melbourne is set for a scorcher, with two 35-degree days forecast in what could be its hottest October run since 1940.
- NSW public holiday traffic: delays expected as holidaymakers head home - October 5, 2015
As with every long weekend, there are widespread delays this Monday on the state's roads as motorists return from their holiday. Here's the rundown on what's happening on the state's roads.
- Man allegedly kicked partner in the head while she was bed-ridden from a spider bite - October 5, 2015
Canberra man allegedly kicked partner while she was recovering in bed from a spider bite.
- New Bigcommerce chief Brent Bellm targets larger clients before IPO - October 5, 2015
Bigcommerce had hundreds of employees, tens of thousands of clients and had raised $US125 million when its new chief executive stepped into and changed the company's strategic focus within his first month.
- AFL grand final 2015: Non-Victorian teams need to play more games at MCG, says David Koch - October 5, 2015
Saturday's one-sided decider should compel the AFL to ensure that non-Victorian teams play more games at the MCG, says Port Adelaide chairman David Koch.
- Minister hatches bid to unscramble labelling laws for free-range eggs - October 5, 2015
Forcing producers to declare the number of hens per square meter on cartons of free range egg is among the options being considered by the federal government to end the confusion over labelling claims.
- Rugby league grand final lost something with 'golden point' win - October 5, 2015
Surely it's time to look at golden point extra time in grand finals ("WOWboys", October 5). After 80 minutes of exhilarating football and tied at 16 all, the Broncos must have been gutted to lose by a golden point field goal.
- Soul of Fire by Susanne F. Wolf at the Street Theatre - October 5, 2015
The emotional and political life of a peace activist is scripted and performed with feeling and understanding.
- Police appeal for help to find missing schoolgirls Lasela Fue and Jade Robson-Whitehouse - October 5, 2015
Police are appealing for help to find two missing Victoria schoolgirls.
- Bank of Queensland facing class action lawsuit from disgruntled customers - October 5, 2015
Bank of Queensland is facing a class action lawsuit from customers who lost funds after it allegedly failed to prevent transactions, ordered by banned financial adviser Brad Sherwin, from taking place in their accounts.
- Priest phoned by frantic migrants is a Nobel favourite - October 5, 2015
A little-known priest is competing with Pope Francis for the Nobel Peace Prize this week - and he has even been given the pontiff's blessing.
- Armoured vehicle meets Socceroos at Jordan hotel ahead of 'hostile' World Cup qualifier - October 5, 2015
The Socceroos were warned to expect a hostile reception in Jordan, but they didn't expect to be greeted by the Jordanian military and a tank at their hotel.
- Five reasons why I'm leaving you, Swan Taxis, for Uber - October 5, 2015
I was off you for a long time, but this time I'm leaving you for good to hook up with your younger, hipper and much more caring rival Uber.
- State Coalition plan to dump grand final public holiday - October 5, 2015
Victoria's grand final public holiday will almost certainly be dumped if the Coalition wins the 2018 state election.
- School bus in crash at Locksley, near Euroa - October 5, 2015
A bus has been involved in an accident near Euroa, in the state's north.
- Woodside Petroleum urges South Korea to help on Browse LNG sales, costs - October 5, 2015
Woodside is ramping up pressure on South Korea to sign up for LNG from its Browse floating project.
- Deaths after 'medicane' storm hits Cannes ahead of Mipcom TV event - October 5, 2015
Flash floods on the French Riviera killed 16 people and five others were reported missing on Sunday, prompting the government to declare a natural disaster in the southeastern tourist region.
- Australia's changing skyline: Apartment towers surpassing records - October 5, 2015
Australia's skyline is changing and it's about to get a lot taller.