Sydney Morning Herald
- Fraud against the Commonwealth: scams take half a billion in public sector fraud - July 31, 2015
'Inside jobs' with public servants conspiring with criminals an emerging risk.
- Reckless Valour by QL2 is performed with passion and commitment - July 31, 2015
This reimagined restaging is uneven choreographically but performed with passion and commitment.
- Donald Trump gatecrashes the Women's British Open to declare 'I am the No. 1' presidential show - July 31, 2015
In its 110-year history, Turnberry has been employed for other uses than golf; an airbase in the First World War, a hospital in the Second World War. But never before had it been utilised as an extension of a US presidency campaign trail.
- Surfer attacked by shark at Evans Head in northern NSW - July 31, 2015
A surfer has punched a shark during a frenzied attack on the northern NSW coast on Friday morning.
- Roach bombs cause vapour blast, damaging Glamorous Wok restaurant in Sunnybank - July 31, 2015
Restaurant walls pushed out after owner let off 24 aerosols in small space.
- Shop the trend: Mother nature - July 31, 2015
Spring is just around the corner – yes, really – so let some its natural beauty into your home to lift your spirits.
- Flight Centre appeal: Court overturns $11m in penalties - July 31, 2015
Consumer watchdog ordered to pay costs.
- Tony Abbott standing by 'chastened' Speaker Bronwyn Bishop - July 31, 2015
Tony Abbott has said he understands voter anger over politicians' use of taxpayer-funded entitlements, saying he himself had flown economy to Europe with his family, as "that's what the people do".
- Cecil the lion's killer Dr Walter Palmer has gone on the run - July 31, 2015
US wildlife authorities announced an investigation Thursday into the killing of Cecil, a prized lion in Zimbabwe, and also revealed that they have been unable to contact Dr Walter Palmer, the Minnesota big-game hunter and dentist who participated in the fatal hunt.
- Resmed records small lift in full-year profit - July 31, 2015
Medical device maker ResMed's shares jumped after it recorded a small lift in full-year profit.
- MIFF: Thai film Cemetery of Splendour channels spirits of soldiers - July 31, 2015
Cemetery of Splendour picks up on the true story of an unexplained outbreak of narcolepsy within a single company of Thai soldiers
- Adam Goodes deserves respect and civility, says Tony Abbott - July 31, 2015
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has stopped short of describing the booing of Indigenous footballer Adam Goodes as racist but called on AFL fans to treat the former Australian of the Year with decency and respect.
- Man quizzed by police over teenage jogger's mystery disappearance - July 31, 2015
A teenage university student who vanished while jogging has spent the night in hospital, while sex crimes detectives questioned a man over her disappearance..
- MH370: Reunion Island debris almost certainly from a Boeing 777, says Malaysia - July 31, 2015
Malaysia is "almost certain" that plane debris found on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean is from a Boeing 777, the deputy transport minister said on Thursday, heightening the possibility it could be wreckage from missing Flight MH370.
- UFC 190: Soa Palelei prepares for Antonio Silva fight - July 31, 2015
It sounds like something out of a Marvel blockbuster.
- AFL chief Gillon McLachlan calls on fans to show leadership in Goodes controversy - July 31, 2015
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has called on the code's supporters to lead the game out of the divisive Adam Goodes booing controversy.
- Mystery CCTV figure offers new lead in Prabha Arun Kumar Westmead murder - July 31, 2015
Her husband heard it from 10,000 kilometres away, but it seems no-one saw the brutal stabbing murder of 41 year old software engineer Prahba Arun Kumar in a Westmead park on a Saturday night in March. Except the person who stabbed her.
- 1000 Foo Fighters fans' stunning performance of Learn To Fly a plea to play in Italy - July 31, 2015
A thousand Italian musos have come together to stage an epic performance of the Foo Fighters' Learn To Fly in an astonishing effort to get the supergroup to play in their town.
- Markets Live: On track for bumper July - July 31, 2015
The ASX is on track for a 2 per cent weekly rise and its first monthly gain since February.
- Queabeyan City Council's Grease is a sure-fire winter warmer - July 31, 2015
The ever-popular musical numbers energise this production of a tried and true favourite.