Sydney Morning Herald
- Markets Live: Resources in retreat - March 29, 2015
Shares suffer a sharp sell-off in early trade after falling iron ore and oil prices hit the resources sector, with big banks adding to the losses.
- Man killed in truck rollover in Portland, in Victoria's west - March 29, 2015
A man was killed when his truck rolled in Victoria's west on Monday morning. rollover
- Germanwings plane crash: Captain made two attempts to enter cockpit - March 29, 2015
The captain of Germanwings flight 4U 9525 made two desperate attempts to get back onto the flight deck before it crashed, according to excerpts from a transcript of the cockpit voice recorder reported by German newspaper Bild.
- Government's response further abuses child-sex victims - March 29, 2015
I just received a text message from a man, now in his early 50s, who was anally raped by a "christian" brother when he was a 12-year-old child. He said: "I can't go on anymore. That's me done".
- Ian Macfarlane departs Woolworths board - March 29, 2015
Woolworths has announced that former Reserve Bank governor Ian Macfarlane will leave the board of Australia's largest retailer after 8 years.
- Live ICC Cricket World Cup 2015: Australia v New Zealand - March 29, 2015
The tournament's co-hosts line-up for arguably the biggest one-day international ever seen on Australian soil.
- Jimmy Walker wins Texas Open - March 29, 2015
Jimmy Walker has won his hometown Texas Open, becoming the first two-time winner on the US PGA Tour this season.
- Cover-More lifts the price of travel insurance policies - March 29, 2015
Australia's largest travel insurer has lifted the price of its policies by an average of 5 per cent because the weaker Australian dollar has pushed up the cost of overseas claims.
- Melbourne market holds the line despite record Super Saturday listings - March 29, 2015
Melbourne's weekend auction market held steady on Saturday with another strong result despite a record day for autumn listings.
- Reports girlfriend of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz pregnant with his child - March 29, 2015
Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz was expecting a baby with his teacher girlfriend before the air crash which killed him and 149 others, it has been claimed.
- How fur found favour among the fashionable - March 29, 2015
Wearing fur has emerged from grandma's closet and on to the world's catwalks, while also igniting a multibillion-dollar industry.
- Gunmen attack polling stations in Nigeria's north - March 29, 2015
Gunmen suspected to be members of the Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram attacked polling stations in Nigeria's northern state of Bauchi as voting continued for a second day in national elections.
- Former Wallabies captain Phil Kearns appointed InterRISK CEO - March 29, 2015
Former Wallabies captain Phil Kearns will become chief executive of insurance broker InterRISK Australia next month.
- Canberra mornings: March 30, 2015 - March 29, 2015
The news, traffic and weather to get you up to speed.
- Morgans analyst Derek Jellinek picks four top healthcare stocks - March 29, 2015
Morgans analyst Derek Jellinek says that although healthcare is well-placed to follow its two year outperformance against the S&P/ASX200, investors must be picky.
- Water and land sure to appeal for Easter - March 29, 2015
Some agents are hoping house hunters set their sights on the state's coast and country areas this Easter.
- Iron ore drops to fresh six-year low - March 29, 2015
Iron ore has plunged to a fresh six-year low as oversupply and a slowdown in China's property sector continue to weigh on sentiment.
- Valentino Rossi wins Qatar MotoGP - March 29, 2015
MotoGP great Valentino Rossi rolled back the years to win the Qatar season-opener for Yamaha on Sunday with Italian riders sweeping the podium places after a thrilling duel under the Losail floodlights.
- Slater & Gordon confirms $1.2b Quindell buy, $890m capital raising - March 29, 2015
Slater & Gordon has announced it will pay $1.225 billion for the professional services division of troubled UK firm Qundell and raise $890 million of equity to fund the purchase.
- Fire guts historic Saint James' Church in Brighton - March 29, 2015
Fire tore through St James' Church in Brighton on Monday morning, gutting the historic bluestone building.