Sydney Morning Herald
- The 10 Victorian postcodes where investors would suffer if negative gearing was changed - February 13, 2016
Under a Labor Government, the family home will always be 100 per cent capital gains tax-free and these two reforms will save $32.1 billion and help put fairness back into the housing market, Mr Shorten said.
- Chairs wielded in Sydney restaurant brawl - February 13, 2016
A number of people arrested after a brawl in a restaurant at Sydney's Bondi Junction have been released pending further inquiries.
- Malcolm Turnbull's 'opportunity in disguise' can't hide failure of first ministry - February 13, 2016
By definition, the biggest question posed by Malcolm Turnbull's emergency election-year reshuffle cannot be answered yet.
- Labor MPs nervous about Bill Shorten and ALP election prospects - February 13, 2016
Two resignations, one sacking, the GST off the table and a front bench reshuffle – it's been a difficult week for Malcolm Turnbull and his Coalition team.
- Manchester United lose to Sunderland, West Ham deny Norwich vital win - February 13, 2016
Manchester United's top-four hopes suffered another setback as goalkeeper David De Gea's own goal cost them a 2-1 defeat at Premier League strugglers Sunderland on Saturday.
- Dangerously cold weather grips New York, bringing coldest night in decades - February 13, 2016
New York's mayor has ordered people to stay indoors as the city experiences its coldest night in 20 years.
- Cabinet reshuffle: Malcolm Turnbull announces new frontbench as Mal Brough resigns - February 13, 2016
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has dramatically re-shaped his frontbench and put his government on an election footing, promoting three new faces to cabinet including another woman.
- The real story of how the Shane Warne Foundation fell apart - February 13, 2016
Despite the constant denials about the true state of the Shane Warne Foundation, the former cricket champion was fronting a charity with big problems.
- The Sydney madam and the illegal $2 million sex racket authorities cannot stop - February 13, 2016
Special investigation: Madam's Wu's $2 million Sydney sex racket
- Padstow man accused of supplying cocaine appears in court - February 13, 2016
A Padstow man arrested on charge of supplying cocaine after a series of raids across three Sydney suburbs did not apply for bail on Saturday.
- Christmas and Easter oysters shucked from the menu - February 13, 2016
Easter and Christmas celebrations will feel the knife with confirmed reports of a virus that has locked down the Tasmania oyster industry.
- Unlawful use of animals in surgery in Sydney but no prosecutions - February 13, 2016
Unlawful surgical procedures on live animals have been carried out at an unnamed Sydney medical facility in breach of the state laws on animal research, sparking calls for a parliamentary inquiry.
- Sydney's Prince Montesini stages low key return - February 13, 2016
Sydney's Prince Montesini Stages Low Key Return.
- Sydney home drug deliveries: Crime gangs rake in $150,000 a fortnight - February 13, 2016
Organised crime gangs are making upwards of $150,000 a fortnight from suburban drug runs that deliver cocaine, cannabis and ice to hundreds of customers' doors across Sydney.
- Call for jet-skis to be banned from the Georges River - February 13, 2016
Just 30 minutes after a maritime patrol vessel passes through a zone of the Georges River with an eight-knot speed limit, a jet-ski is clocked in the area at 48km/h.
- How Leicester City's rise could be the greatest sporting story told - February 13, 2016
From facing relegation to an improbable title bid, the club has given others reason to hope.
- South Sydney beat St George Illawarra 18-14 to win lacklustre Charity Shield clash - February 13, 2016
At least both teams finished unscathed and there were no competition points on the line. Aside from that there were few positives to take from South Sydney's 18-14 win in the annual Charity Shield clash at ANZ Stadium in front of 13421 people on Saturday.
- Pope Francis meets Russian Orthodox Church's Patriarch Kirill, a millennium after split - February 13, 2016
Pope Francis arrived in Havana on Friday to meet the head of the Russian Orthodox Church nearly 1000 years after Eastern Orthodoxy split with Rome, marking the first encounter in history between a Roman Catholic pope and a Russian Orthodox patriarch.
- Flower start-ups cut out red roses for Valentine's Day - February 13, 2016
A budding group of American flower-delivery start-ups filling orders for Valentine's Day this week were shunning the most popular way to say "I love you": red roses.
- Somalia's al Shabaab say behind airline bomb blast - February 13, 2016
Somalia's al Shabaab insurgents said on Saturday they were responsible for a blast that punched a hole in the fuselage of a plane last week that the government said was caused by a bomb meant to kill everyone on board.