- Meaner Cleaner ready to defend title - September 1, 2015
DON’T write off the “Lion of Longford” is the message trainer Mick Burles has ahead of The Cleaner’s Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes defence.
- It’s a matter of when, not Howe - September 1, 2015
MELBOURNE’S Tasmanian high-flyer Jeremy Howe has declared his heart still beats true for the red and the blue.
- Season over in rough conduct replay - September 1, 2015
BURNIE’S Brentyn Milverton will have to endure football heartbreak again after being slugged with a three-match ban.
- Aussie choke gifts England victory - August 31, 2015
MARCUS Stoinis endured a baptism of fire in his international debut as Australia’s batsmen choked in a nail-biting Twenty20 loss to England in Cardiff.
- TSL clubs in hunt for two big names - August 31, 2015
THE TSL is on track to recruit two former AFL players back as playing-coaches next year.
- Updated EPL ins, outs: All 20 squads - September 1, 2015
THE Premier League transfer window is closed, but not before a flurry of Deadline Day signings. Here’s the updated squad lists of every EPL team.
- Deadline Day Live: United signs Martial - September 1, 2015
LIVE: The EPL transfer window has closed, but not before Manchester United and Chelsea swooped late, while Arsenal was nowhere to be seen. Re-live our blog.
- Live: Deadline Day done deals here - September 1, 2015
THE deals are coming thick and fast as clubs rush to get their moves over the line before Deadline Day ends. For every major move, visit our Transfer Centre.
- United splash cash on teen striker Martial - September 1, 2015
MANCHESTER United once again spend big on Deadline Day, forking out $78 million to sign teenage French striker Anthony Martial from Monaco on a four-year deal.
- Four in as Hammers nail Deadline Day - September 1, 2015
ALL eyes were on Manchester United and Arsenal, but it was West Ham United getting it done on Deadline Day, adding four players to their squad.
- Groth saves day for Aussies at US Open - October 7, 2013
Big-serving Sam Groth has staged a spirited fightback to save Australia's blushes on day one of the US Open in New York. Live scores: ATP and WTA torunaments--> Slam quest: Serena powers through Open season: Kokkinakis back from bug--> No surprises: Djokovic in cruise mode
- Tippett vows to stop the 'brain fades' - December 8, 2012
Sydney star Kurt Tippett has vowed not to repeat his weekend "brain fade" as he prepares to make an impact in dual roles in the AFL finals. Match stats: Dockers v Demons--> Rising Star: Tigers' Lennon earns nod Blues blow: Carlton veteran Carrazzo to retire Play video: Watch the ju [...]
- Cummings endures amid 140 Cup hopes - December 20, 2010
Precedence, the last Melbourne Cup runner for Bart Cummings, is among 140 nominations for this year's great race. Match stats: Hawks v Bombers--> Sad day: 20,000 gather to pay their respects--> Different ride: Olympic star debuts as jockey Cox Plate: Mourinho on right path Your say: Are C [...]
- Aussie batting woes continue in T20 loss - December 19, 2010
Australian captain Steve Smith was left to rue a missed century which sparked a batting collapse as they fell to England in their T20 clash. Scorecard: England v Australia - T20 Aussie women: England win Ashes dead rubber
- Soward and Cartwright to be monitored - December 22, 2009
Penrith's Jamie Soward and Bryce Cartwright are at long odds to play again this season after being hospitalised following a bruising clash. Match stats: Raiders v Panthers--> Title hopes: Reynolds return boosts Dogs Raiders joy: Canberra crush Penrith
- Wyles to skipper US RWC squad - September 2, 2015
Saracens star Chris Wyles has been appointed captain of USA's Rugby World Cup squad.
- Favaro replaces Esposito in Italy sqaud - September 2, 2015
Italy have called winger Simone Favaro into their World Cup squad to replace the injured Angelo Esposito.
- Man United confirm Martial signing - September 2, 2015
Manchester United have confirmed the signing of 19-year-old French striker Anthony Martial for a world record price for a teenager of $A77.4m.
- Safarova dumped out of US Open - September 2, 2015
Sixth-seeded Czech Lucie Safarova has been knocked out of the US Open by unseeded Ukranian Lesia Tsurenko.
- ICC suspends Sharma and Chandimal - September 2, 2015
India bowler Ishant Sharma and Sri Lanka batsman Dinesh Chandimal have been given one-match suspensions by the ICC.
- Wyles to skipper US rugby squad - September 1, 2015
Chicago (AFP) - Saracens star Chris Wyles will captain the United States at the Rugby World Cup after coach Mike Tolkin named a 31-man squad for the tournament here Tuesday.
- Water will be clean in time for Games - Rio 2016 chief - September 1, 2015
By Mike Collett LONDON (Reuters) - The water quality at the Olympic sailing venue in Rio de Janeiro is a serious issue but will be resolved by the time the Games begin next year, Rio Or...
- Strootman undergoes third knee operation - September 1, 2015
Milan (AFP) - Dutch international Kevin Strootman's long-running battle with injury continued on Tuesday as the Roma player bowed to advice to undergo a third knee operation in a bid to get his career back on track.
- Zico appeals to FIFA rivals for early debate - September 1, 2015
By Brian Homewood BERNE (Reuters) - FIFA presidential candidate Zico has invited his potential rivals to take part in an early debate about football's troubled governing body. ...
- Barritt and Joseph team up for England - September 1, 2015
By Mitch Phillips LONDON (Reuters) - England's probable World Cup midfield partnership of Brad Barritt and Jonathan Joseph will start together for the first time in Saturday's final war...
- Jamie Cox joins St Kilda - December 16, 2014
New St Kilda football manager believes he is well-equipped for the challenge ahead of developing the young Saints list.
- Daw committed to stand trial over alleged rape - December 16, 2014
North Melbourne footballer Majak Daw has been committed to stand trial over the alleged rape of a teenage girl in 2007.
- Hazlewood, Starc replace Harris, Siddle - December 16, 2014
Australia name their side for the second Test against India, with Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle replaced.
- Smith vows to maintain playing style - December 15, 2014
Steve Smith has vowed he will maintain the attacking and aggressive tactics successfully used by Michael Clarke when he takes over from the top job in Brisbane.
- Homecoming still hard for Beams - December 15, 2014
After six years in Melbourne there’s still some re-adjusting to do.
Sydney Morning Herald
- Live: Australia v India, second Test - December 16, 2014
Join Rohan Connolly for all the day one action of the second Test from the Gabba.
- Cars, housing raise Perth cap questions - December 16, 2014
When the Glory brought Jamie Maclaren to the A-League, they made sure he could settle quickly.
- Johnson to lead way for young talent - December 16, 2014
Mitchell Johnson has emerged as Australia's most important player at the Gabba spearheading an inexperienced attack on the liveliest wicket in the land.
- Love turned Smith's life around - December 16, 2014
Finding love helped Steve Smith find balance in his life - and the Australian captaincy
- Stalwarts help restore Dragons' pride - December 16, 2014
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has turned to two of the Dragons' fiercest competitors to help restore pride and passion to the club.
- Victory halt Rockdale City Suns' FFA Cup charge - September 1, 2015
A Jesse Makarounas brace helps Melbourne Victory to a 3-2 win in their FFA Cup round of 16 match against Rockdale City Suns.
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics organisers scrap scandal-hit logo - September 1, 2015
Tokyo's 2020 Olympics organisers scrap the event's scandal-hit logo, in the latest mishap for the Games after a costs furore forced plans for a $US2 billion new national stadium to be torn up.
- India clinches Sri Lanka series despite Mathews heroics - September 1, 2015
Angelo Mathews' batting heroics were in vain as India beat Sri Lanka by 117 runs in the final test to win the three-match series 2-1 on Tuesday.
- Brakes on car that killed Sean Edwards worn down to metal, inquest hears - September 1, 2015
A British race car driver killed in a fiery crash at a Queensland track was concerned about the car's brakes the day before the accident, a court hears.
- Essendon's Dempsey handed four-match ban for dangerous tackle - September 1, 2015
Essendon utility Courtenay Dempsey suspended for four matches by the AFL tribunal for his dangerous tackle on Richmond star Brett Deledio.