- Your chance to top the league - March 28, 2015
IT’S that time of year again, when discussions at work, barbecues and lounge rooms turn to footy.
- Lowndes romps to V8 career win No. 99 - March 28, 2015
CRAIG Lowndes stands one race win away from notching up 100 V8 Supercars victories after another lights-to-flag victory in Race 5 in Tasmania.
- Knights fight back, cop over penalty - March 28, 2015
MOMENTUM swung greatly and tempers flared as Kingborough fought back against University in the CTPL grand final.
- Clarke drops retirement bombshell - March 28, 2015
AUSTRALIA captain Michael Clarke has announced that Sunday’s World Cup final will be his final match of one-day international cricket.
- Tassie’s Porte leads in Catalunya - March 28, 2015
TASMANIAN Richie Porte moves into the overall lead at the Tour of Catalunya as Spain’s Alejandro Valverde claims his second stage win in four days.
- Melbourne Victory’s Team of the Decade - March 28, 2015
IT was no surprise current coach and club legend Kevin Muscat was named captain in Melbourne Victory’s Team of the Decade, but who else made the 11?
- Pocock a voice for the ‘underdog’ - March 28, 2015
THE wellbeing of the world’s minorities is something anyone with a skerrick of decency fully supports, even if each of us prefers different means to attain the desired ends.
- Risdon screamer ends Glory’s drought - March 28, 2015
JOSH Risdon’s stunning long-range goal kills off the Wanderers and secures Perth Glory’s first win in nine matches. Re-live the game - with video - here.
- Wallabies lose strength Dean on Cup eve - March 28, 2015
WALLABIES’ preparations for the World Cup have hit a major hurdle with strength and conditioning coach Dean Benton to leave the job 11 weeks before the tournament starts.
- Tigers won’t abandon Leichhardt - March 28, 2015
WESTS CEO Grant Mayer has confirmed the Tigers will continue to play matches at one of the club’s spiritual homes, Leichhardt Oval, next year.
- Risdon kicks Glory to victory - July 18, 2014
Perth Glory defender Josh Risdon produced a 23-yard thunderbolt to inspire his side to a thrilling win over Western Sydney. Match stats: Glory v Wanderers City win: Melbourne on track for finals
- Dragons hold out depleted Sea Eagles - December 13, 2010
St George Illawarra has held out an injury-depleted Manly to score a gritty, defence-orientated victory in their clash at WIN Stadium. Match stats: Dragons v Sea Eagles Ladder leaders: Knights sink Panthers Match stats: Knights v Panthers
- Warataha beat winless Blues - December 22, 2009
Bernard Foley has booted the NSW Waratahs back into Super Rugby's top six on a night of comedy and melodrama at Allianz Stadium. Match stats: Waratahs v Blues Comeback ruined: Cooper can't inspire Reds
- Clarke announces his retirement from ODI - December 22, 2008
Australia skipper Michael Clarke has announced he will retire from one-day cricket after the World Cup final against New Zealand. Scorecard: Australia v India - SF--> World Cup final: Australia's likely team Playing on: Clarke keen to prolong Test career
- NZ legend Crowe pens emotional farewell - February 24, 2008
Martin Crowe has penned an emotional column ahead of the World Cup final, admitting it could be the last game of cricket he watches. World Cup final: New Zealand's likely team Southee says: MCG size doesn't matter
- Fernandez wins men's world skating title - March 29, 2015
Three-time European champion Javier Fernandez wins a first men's singles title at the World Figure Skating Championships in Shanghai.
- Spectator dies at German endurance race - March 29, 2015
One person is dead after a car struck a group of spectators during an endurance race at Germany's Nuerburgring.
- Risdon stunner lifts Glory to 3-2 win - March 29, 2015
Perth Glory end their winless run at nine A-League games , coming from behind to beat Western Sydney 3-2.
- Barca's Alba out for 10 days - March 29, 2015
Barcelona defender Jordi Alba has a leg injury but should be fit to face PSG in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on April 15.
- North feeling better after rugby KO - March 28, 2015
Badly concussed Wales rugby winger George North cops another knock-out blow playing for Northampton in the English Premiership.
- Spectator killed in Nuerburgring race accident - March 28, 2015
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - A spectator died and several others were injured when a Nissan sportscar driven by British racer Jann Mardenborough vaulted a catch fence at Germany's Nuerburgring Nordschleife c...
- Kamworor, Tirop lead Kenya cross country domination - March 28, 2015
Beijing (AFP) - Kenyan athletes dominated the World Cross-Country Championships in China on Saturday, with Geoffrey Kamworor taking the men's crown, while Agnes Tirop became the youngest senior women's winner for 30 years.
- Italy coach Conte gets death threats, mystery over Marchisio injury - March 28, 2015
SOFIA (Reuters) - Italy coach Antonio Conte has received death threats from angry fans who blame his training methods for the injury which was initially believed to have ruled midfielder Claudio March...
- Fernandez clinches first world figure skating gold - March 28, 2015
Shanghai (AFP) - European figure skating champion Javier Fernandez became the first Spanish man to win the world singles title Saturday, overcoming last year's winner Yuzuru Hanyu in dramatic style in Shanghai.
- Fernandez upsets Hanyu to take gold in Shanghai - March 28, 2015
(Reuters) - Javier Fernandez successfully landed two quadruple jumps in his free skate to beat Japan's defending champion Yuzuru Hanyu and become Spain's first male champion at the world figure skatin...
- Jamie Cox joins St Kilda - December 16, 2014
New St Kilda football manager believes he is well-equipped for the challenge ahead of developing the young Saints list.
- Daw committed to stand trial over alleged rape - December 16, 2014
North Melbourne footballer Majak Daw has been committed to stand trial over the alleged rape of a teenage girl in 2007.
- Hazlewood, Starc replace Harris, Siddle - December 16, 2014
Australia name their side for the second Test against India, with Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle replaced.
- Smith vows to maintain playing style - December 15, 2014
Steve Smith has vowed he will maintain the attacking and aggressive tactics successfully used by Michael Clarke when he takes over from the top job in Brisbane.
- Homecoming still hard for Beams - December 15, 2014
After six years in Melbourne there’s still some re-adjusting to do.
Sydney Morning Herald
- Live: Australia v India, second Test - December 16, 2014
Join Rohan Connolly for all the day one action of the second Test from the Gabba.
- Cars, housing raise Perth cap questions - December 16, 2014
When the Glory brought Jamie Maclaren to the A-League, they made sure he could settle quickly.
- Johnson to lead way for young talent - December 16, 2014
Mitchell Johnson has emerged as Australia's most important player at the Gabba spearheading an inexperienced attack on the liveliest wicket in the land.
- Love turned Smith's life around - December 16, 2014
Finding love helped Steve Smith find balance in his life - and the Australian captaincy
- Stalwarts help restore Dragons' pride - December 16, 2014
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has turned to two of the Dragons' fiercest competitors to help restore pride and passion to the club.
- Risdon rescues Glory with screamer to beat Wanderers 3-2 - March 28, 2015
Perth Glory overcame their recent struggles in dramatic fashion with a late 3-2 win over the Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Hamilton on pole for Malaysian Grand Prix - March 28, 2015
Lewis Hamilton has snatched pole position at the Malaysian Grand Prix in a wet and wild qualifying session.
- Dragons end losing streak against Manly - March 28, 2015
St George Illawarra has snapped a three-match losing streak against Manly to run out 12-4 NRL winners in Wollongong.
- Melbourne City boosts finals chances with win over Roar - March 28, 2015
Melbourne City has beaten Brisbane Roar 1-0 in what could prove a key match in the battle for a finals spot.
- Waratahs climb ladder with 23-11 win over Blues - March 28, 2015
The Waratahs have earned a convincing 23-11 victory over the winless Blues to move into the Super Rugby top six.