- Catalonia sets independence poll date - December 12, 2013
Catalan parties have agreed on a date for a poll that would offer a choice of redrawing the map of Spain by creating a new state between Spain and Fr [...]
- Bangladesh hangs Islamist leader - December 12, 2013
Islamist party leader Abdul Kader Mullah has been executed in Bangladesh for war crimes during the 1971 liberation war against Pakistan.
- Vonn misses St Moritz to nurse injured knee - December 12, 2013
But Vonn, who finished fifth in a World Cup Super-G at Lake Louise, is planning to compete in the December 21 downhill in Val d'Isere, the organ [...]
- Oxford beat Cambridge 33-15 in rugby - December 12, 2013
Oxford have beaten Cambridge 33-15, a record-equalling fourth consecutive win in the 132nd varsity rugby match.
- Stevens wants $A close to US85c - December 12, 2013
RBA chief Glenn Stevens says he'd like to see a fall in the Australian dollar as a way to lift the local economy.
- Signer at Mandela memorial 'hallucinated' - December 12, 2013
The man accused of faking sign interpretation at Nelson Mandela's memorial service said he hallucinated that angels were entering the stadium.
- Barcelona strike sponsorship deal with Intel - December 12, 2013
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona have agreed a sponsorship deal with Intel under which the chipmaker's logo will be printed on the inside of play [...]
- WTA to add grass court tournament - December 12, 2013
Women tennis players will get a fourth warm-up event for Wimbledon from 2015 with a grass-court tournament to be added at Nottingham.
- Pakistan turn to youngsters for Sri Lanka series - December 12, 2013
KARACHI (Reuters) - Pakistan opted for youth over experience when the 15-man squad for the five-match one-day series against Sri Lanka in the United [...]
- Perez to race for Force India - December 12, 2013
LONDON (Reuters) - Mexican Sergio Perez will race for Force India next season, the British-based Formula One team announced on Thursday. Perez to rac [...]